top of page

Litchfield Public Schools

School Menus

Free School Meals for All Students Will Resume

Beginning March 1st through End of 2023 School Year

Effective March 1st Free Meals for All Students will resume through the end of the school year.

One school breakfast and one school lunch meal per school day will be provided at no cost.

Additional/second meals will be charged at the price below:

Elementary Breakfast   $1.85                   Middle/High Breakfast           $2.10             

Elementary Lunch         $3.00                  Middle/High Lunch                 $3.25             

Payment System for additional / second meals or Ala Carte Purchases:

Parents may send cash or check in an envelope to the cafeteria 

 or go to to access or set up an account for your student.

Why should I complete an application?


Please complete a Free & Reduced Meal Application if you believe you qualify.  Students who qualify for Free & Reduced Meals may be eligible for other benefits throughout the school year unrelated to food service. Free & Reduced Meal Applications can be found on the school website or on the link:  Application


** Important note: Effective Oct. 1st family income limits have changed for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits. If your children qualify for free school meals, you might also qualify for SNAP: SNAP Information


Questions related to School Meals may be directed to Becky Tyrrell, Food Service Director at EdAdvance at or 860-567-0863 ext. 1148.

What should I do if I receive a Direct Certification Letter? 

Children receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Family Assistance (TFA) or Medicaid (HUSKY A) benefits may be directly certified and automatically eligible for free or reduced meals without completing an application. If you have received a NOTICE OF DIRECT CERTIFICATION for free or reduced-price meals, do not complete the application unless instructed to do so by the district. Let the school know if any children in your household are not listed on the Notice of Direct Certification letter you received, since free or reduced meal benefits are extended to all children in a household when directly certified. 

Questions regarding SNAP/TFA/Medicaid and direct certification should be sent to the determining official,

Joanne Kirchner-Macri at or call 860-567-0863 x 1113.

Free and Reduced Application and Family Information

Family Application — English

FAQ — English

SNAP Information —  SNAP Information

Husky Information — English | Spanish

Nondiscrimination Statement: This explains what to do if you believe you have been treated unfairly.


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights , 400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 (2) fax: (202) 690-7442 (3) email:

bottom of page