top of page

New Hartford Public Schools


Starting the 2023/2024 School Year, per USDA and State requirements meals will be returning to the tiered system of

Paid and Free. Students who qualify for free or reduced meals will receive free lunch,

and ALL STUDENTS will receive one free breakfast meal.


Those students who are directly certified for Free or Reduced Meals will receive letters from EdAdvance to verify their status. We encourage anyone not directly certified who believes they may qualify for free meals to complete an application.  Applications can be found on the Food Service webpage or if you would like a paper copy of the application, call us at the number below.   

Meal Prices


Lunch Paid Meal                         $3.00                                   

​Free and Reduced Lunch Meal $0.00 

2nd Lunch Meal for All               $3.00     

Milk Purchased Separately        $0.50                  


1st Breakfast Meal for ALL  $0.00

2nd Breakfast Meal for All  $1.75

New Payment System:

Effective Wednesday, March 27, 2024 eFunds will no longer be available for the New Hartford Public Schools’ foodservice account.

We’ve teamed up with MySchoolBucks, an online service where you can easily and securely pay for school meals using a credit/debit card or electronic check. This service will be available beginning Monday, April 1, 2024.


Meal payments may continue to be made through checks made out to EdAdvance / New Hartford Food Service or cash in an envelope with your child’s name and teacher to the school.


Students current account balances will automatically be transferred to MySchoolBucks.

New Hartford Public Schools offer FREE Grab & Go Breakfast to students upon arrival. 
Bakerville & New Hartford Elementary breakfast is provided by New Hartford Public Schools and is
is eaten in the classroom.  Students are asked to order Breakfast the day before, while ordering lunch.  
Breakfast consists of a variety of fruit, juice, milk and grain items.  
What should I do if I receive a Direct Certification Letter? 

Children receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Family Assistance (TFA) or Medicaid (HUSKY A) benefits may be directly certified and automatically eligible for free or reduced meals without completing an application.  If you have received a NOTICE OF DIRECT CERTIFICATION for free or reduced-price meals, do not complete the application unless instructed to do so by the district. Let the school know if any children in your household are not listed on the Notice of Direct Certification letter you received, since free or reduced meal benefits are extended to all children in a household when directly certified. 

Questions regarding SNAP/TFA/Medicaid and direct certification should be sent to the determining official, Wendy Brown at or call 860-567-0863 x 1307. 

Why complete an application?

Please complete a Free & Reduced Meal Application if you believe you qualify.

Students who qualify for Free & Reduced Meals may be eligible for other benefits throughout the school year unrelated to food service. Free & Reduced Meal Applications can be found on the district website under Food Services or on the following link :  

Application:    English | Spanish


Important note: If your children qualify for free school meals, you might also qualify for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP): SNAP Information English   |    Snap Information Spanish

Questions related to School Meals may be directed to Becky Tyrrell, Food Service Director at EdAdvance at or 860-567-0863 ext. 1148.

Free and Reduced Application and Family Information

Family Application — English | Spanish

FAQ — English  |  Spanish

SNAP Information — English  |   Spanish

Husky Information — English | Spanish

Nondiscrimination Statement: This explains what to do if you believe you have been treated unfairly.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights , 400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 (2) fax: (202) 690-7442 (3) email:

bottom of page